STATEMENT OF FAITH
FINAL AUTHORITY FOR MATTERS OF BELIEF AND CONDUCT
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of ANTORCHA INTERNATIONAL's faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our minister and executive committee is ANTORCHA INTERNATIONAL's final interpretive authority on the Bible's meaning and application.
STATEMENT ON THE SANCTITY OF HUMANLIFE
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps 139.)
CONFESSIONAL STATEMENT OF FAITH AND BELIEFS
- Our beliefs are simple and based on the Word of God: The Bible.
- We believe The Bible is the inspired Word of God, inerrant in the original documents, and of final authority in all matters of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1Peter 1:23-25; Hebrews 4:12; 2Peter 1:20-21; Colossians 2:10 Amplified Bible (AMP) And you are in Him, made full and having come to fullness of life [in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead-Father, Son and Holy Spirit-and reach full spiritual stature]. And He is the Head of all rule and authority [of every angelic principality and power]).
- We believe there is one God, the Creator of all things, infinitely holy and eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; 1Jhon 5:7; Hebrews 13:7 Remember your leaders and superiors in authority [for it was they] who brought to you the Word of God. Observe attentively and consider their manner of living (the outcome of their well-spent lives) and imitate their faith (their conviction that God exists and is the Creator and Ruler of all things, the Provider and Bestower of eternal salvation through Christ, and their leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully Man, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and sinlessly perfect. His sacrificial death on the cross is substitutionary and representative. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended to his Father's right hand, where he now ministers as our Great High Priest. He will come again to receive his own unto himself and to reign in power and glory for all eternity. 1 Timothy 2:5 For there [is only] one God, and [only] one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.
- 5. We believe that each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of man. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace alone through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21).
- We believe that The Holy Spirit indwells the believer, who is sealed until the day of redemption and empowered to live a godly life. (Romans 8:11, 16).
- We believe that the church began with the descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and is composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. These believers are united to him and to one another by the indwelling Spirit. This means that the church, as a whole, is not an organization, but a living organism, known as the body of Christ. (Acts 1:8,13-14, 2:1-4; Ephesians 1:22, 2:19-22; Hebrews 12:23).
- We believe there are two Christian ordinances, Water Baptism (Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:4) and the Lord's Supper (Matthew 26:26-29; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:17-20; 1Corinthians 11:23-26). Water Baptism signifies that the believer is buried with Christ and is risen with him to walk in newness of life. The Lord's Supper is a memorial celebration, instituted by the Lord himself exclusively for his own. In the observance of this supper, believers remember him, they show his death until he comes, and they function as worshiping priests before God. Although Water Baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church until the return of Christ, they are not to be regarded as means of salvation, which is by grace alone through faith.
- We believe every individual has the right to an open and personal relationship with God, our Heavenly Father through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and guided by the Holy Spirit. That relationship will grow, develop and continue to mature for the rest of their natural lives as they get to know Him through His Word and fellowship.
- We believe every true child of God possesses eternal life and being justified, sanctified, and sealed with the Holy Spirit, is safe and secure for all eternity. However, a Christian can, through sin, lose his fellowship, joy, power, testimony, and reward, and incur the Father's chastisement. Relationship is eternal, being established by new birth; fellowship, however, is dependent upon obedience.
- We believe that there will be a bodily resurrection of the saved and of the lost-of the saved, unto eternal life, and of the lost, unto eternal and conscious judgment. (1Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1; Revelations 19:20, 20:10-15).
- We believe according to Genesis 2:18-25 that marriage is between one man and one woman and as confirmed by our Lord Jesus in Matthew 19:4 He replied, Have you never read that He [God Father] Who made them from the beginning made them male and female. (See Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality).
» STATEMENT ON MARRIAGE, GENDER, AND SEXUALITY